Board Members and Open Positions
MGBSA is entirely run by volunteers. This includes our board listed below, as well as a number of coaches and team parents. We could not offer baseball and softball activities with the support of all our volunteers.
MGBSA is always looking for volunteers beyond the board as well. These positions include:
- Tee Ball Coaches
- Baseball Coaches
- Softball Coaches
- Team Parents
- Event Staff
If you would like to volunteer to help MGBSA make a difference in the community, please contact Dan Chiado at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Position Descriptions
Executive Board Member position that attends monthly MBGSA board meetings; responsible for following activities:
- Set yearly operating budget with President
- Track all submitted expenses against budget
- Share monthly Treasurer’s Report on income & expenses at monthly board meetings
- Process and submit invoices from vendors
- Process and submit reimbursement checks to board members on approved expenses
- Prepare and file MGBSA tax return (if CPA; desired but not required)
Crosstown Classic Chair
Serve as primary event manager, working with board members and other volunteers on the event to be held on June 6-7, 2020, including:
- Build and maintain list of master volunteer schedule
- Communicate with all board members and volunteers on event schedule and responsibilities
- Manage VP Baseball and VP Softball on team participation and game schedule
- Plan concession items and organize purchase of all food, snacks, and beverages
- Create concession schedule for cooking and selling of items
- Build schedule for coaches’ area check-in, assign lead to print and put together coaches’ packets
- Manage coordinator to purchase game awards
- Work with Sponsorship Liaison on sponsor events and appearances
- Manage set-up and clean-up schedule of all volunteers
Chicago Dogs Outing
Communicate with Chicago Dogs to organize annual MGBSA Night Out at Impact Field for summer game.
- Coordinate and secure date between MGBSA Board and Chicago Dogs
- Partner with Website Coordinator for parent ticket sales
- Distribute tickets to families before event
July 4th Parade
Serve as point person with Village of Morton Grove on MGBSA’s marching in the annual July 4th Parade.
- Coordinate with Village Hall to secure space in parade (done in April)
- Lead giveaway for MGBSA players to toss out during the parade; work with MGBSA board on ideas
- Act as primary contact for the day for adults walking in the parade
Organize MGBSA Board yearly sponsorship efforts to Morton Grove business and organizations and ensure sponsors benefits are received.
- Maintain tracker list of MGBSA sponsors
- Work with Marketing Manager to ensure all MGBSA sponsor benefits are received by each business/organization
- Partner with Marketing Manager on creation and production of field banners thanking all sponsors
- Manage delivery of all items to sponsors such as team pictures, signed team balls, MGBSA hats and polos, etc.
Create and distribute all marketing communication to parents throughout the year.
- Develop and send eblasts via user-friendly online template system
- Manage Facebook and Instagram social media accounts
- Gather in-game photos from parents
- Partner with Website Coordinator on website updates as needed
- Work with Creative Designer on development of any new logos, images, social posts, etc.
Develop designs as directed by the Marketing Manager, which may include:
- Event logos
- T-shirt designs
- Website graphics
- Social post images
- Printed banners
Parents – if you have a student family member in High School or College who is looking to build their portfolio, this is great opportunity with lots of creative freedom!
Serve as a coach on your player’s tee ball, baseball, or softball team. Help MGBSA teach our philosophy of player development for each player.
- Use MGBSA practice and coaching guides to manage the team
- Run practices and coach games with other coaches of team
- Enjoy the community of other MGBSA coaches at all levels
- Work with our Director of Player Development on any team specific needs
No experience is necessary to coach and MGBSA can never have “too many coaches” at ANY level. We will help give you the tools to be successful and will assist you all season long.
Responsibilities can vary depending on team and the needs of coaches, but can include:
- Managing adding practice and game schedule into TeamSnap
- Reporting game results to league admins
- Organizing snack schedule with other parents (for younger ages)
- Assist with maintaining the dugout and/or keeping scorebook
Be available and willing to help in any areas during special events, which may include:
- Set-up/Clean-up of event items
- Work concession stand for specific time slot during Crosstown Classic (June 6-7, 2020)
- Lining and dragging of fields, primarily during Crosstown Classic
- Merchandise sales tables/tents at events
Coordinate with Village of Morton Grove to secure annual MGBSA planter and organize the planter decoration.
- Sign up with Village Hall in April/May to secure planter
- Pickup plants and lead planter decoration
- Work with Marketing Manager to post on social media
|Administrative VP||Paul Thomasemail@example.com|
|Recording Secretary||Joanne Pelletierfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP Baseball||Shawn Chuipekemail@example.com|
|VP Softball||Scott DiBasiliofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Scheduling Coordinator (Baseball)||Kate Pauleyemail@example.com|
|Scheduling Coordinator (Softball)||Sarah Ruthfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Director of Player Development||Mike Bryantemail@example.com|
|Tee Ball Director||Katie Ingramfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Equipment Manager||Katie Corrigan||Katiec1977@yahoo.com|
|Marketing and Social Media Manager||Dan Chiadoemail@example.com|
|Special Events Coordinator||Joanne Pelletierfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sponsorships Coordinator||Kristy Bryantemail@example.com|
|Uniform and Merchandise Coordinator||Joanne Pelletierfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Website, Tech and Registration Coordinator||Paul Thomasemail@example.com|
|Morton Grove Park District Representative||Trevor Stibbefirstname.lastname@example.org|