What Do I Need For Practice?
- Team Hat - Supplied by MGBSA
- Batting Helmet - required for all players (if you would like a free used helmet, that can be provided)
- Rubber Cleats - Recommended for 3rd graders and up (optional for younger players)
- Athletic Cup (required for boys in 3rd grade and up)
- Water Bottle
- Sun Block (optional, when needed)
- Bug Spray (optional, when needed)
- Bat - Coaches will have approved bats for team use as needed. Personal bats are also welcome. For details on approved bats, please see below.
USA Baseball Approved Bats
All baseball bats for league play beginning at Minors (3rd grade) and up are required to have a USA Baseball stamp on them. USA Baseball has established a standard for their bats, which are designed to be lighter and easier to swing for developing players. This tends to result in more contact, but reduces the higher hit ball speed and thus makes the game safer for all developing players.
At the Minors level and above for baseball, MGBSA competes in the Chicago Suburban Youth Baseball Association. The CSYBA rules mandate all bats must comply with USA Baseball. Coaches will have USA Baseball approved bats for team use as needed. Personal bats are also welcome and USA Baseball bats are widely available at retailers, including Dick's Sporting Goods (an MGBSA sponsor).
The Morton Grove Park District may cancel games based on field conditions. That hotline is managed and updated regularly by the Park District and can be reached at 847-965-7558 x4.
For game cancellations based on weather forecasts, that is decided on by coaches of both teams. In event of cancellation, coaches will notify all parents via TeamSnap alert. For any questions about your player's game, please direct those to your assigned coach.